Advance English reserves the right to cancel or postpone any courses prior to their scheduled commencement dates, should it be necessary. In these circumstances, if the course is postponed by more than four weeks, and if a student is unable to enrol in a similar course at Advance English, all fees will be refunded. Refund of the fees will only be granted in accordance with the refund policy set out below.
Full Refund of Tuition Fees
Advance English has a fee refund policy for situations where special circumstances exist. We will make a full refund of any course fees, which have been paid in the following circumstances:
- Application for a student visa is unsuccessful. In this case Advance English, reserves the right to keep an administration charge of [A$200] and where applicable, any agent’s fee. A request of refund in writing and proof of visa refusal, from the Australian Government must be sent to Advance English upon visa refusal. In this case a full refund of course money will be made within 28 days.
- If for any reason Advance English is unable to start a course on the agreed starting date or ceases to deliver the course, in this case a full refund of course money will be paid within 14 days or from the time the course ceases to be delivered. This is in accordance with the refund requirements of the ESOS Act.
- At the time of placement test, if the student is found not achieve entry level of English requirement to an AE program, the student will get a full refund of the tuition fee with the enrolment fee and place them into an articulated ELT centre.
Advance English will make a partial refund of tuition fees in the following circumstances:
- If written notice of withdrawal is received from a candidate at least 28 days prior to the commencement of the term, 80% of the tuition fees are refundable, less an administration charge of [A$200] and where applicable, any agent’s fee.
- If written notice of withdrawal is received from a candidate less than 28 days prior to the commencement of the term, 25% of the tuition fees are refundable less an administration charge of [A$200] and where applicable, any agent’s fee.
No Fee Refund
If a student withdraws from, cancels or fails to attend a program or course after the start of teaching of the program, Advance English will not refund any of the fees paid for that program or course. No refund will be given for any money paid to Advance English for Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC), airport pick-up, or accommodation booking.
Refunds for any money received by Advance English on behalf of the student for services other than tuition fees must be requested from the company delivering the service and students will be subject to the refund policies of those companies. In the event that an extension to the student’s visa is not granted and the course has commenced, a refund will not be given to the student. A student is advised not to enrol if they believe their visa will not be extended.
In the event that the student seeks and is granted approval by Advance English to transfer to another provider prior to completion of six months study of the principal course, no refund of any course money paid in advance will be granted.
In the event that the student’s enrolment is cancelled because of infringement with Advance English’s disciplinary policy or breach of student visa conditions, no refund of any course money paid in advance will be granted.
Requests for Refund of Tuition Fees
A student who wishes to apply for a refund of tuition fees should do this in writing via email and state reasons with relevant details by sending it to the Principal: PRINCIPAL@ADVANCEENGLISH.COM.AU
Payment of Refund
All refunds for which a student is eligible will be forwarded, within 28 days to the person who paid the fees in his or her home country, unless the student is transferring to another institution in Australia (subject to visa conditions), in which case any refund may be sent to that institution. Advance English will provide the student with a statement detailing the calculation of the refund.
All refunds must be approved by the Registrar. Exemptions to any of the above cases may only occur where the student has extenuating or compassionate grounds as determined by the Principle Executive Officer. “This agreement, and the availability of complaints and appeals processes, does not remove the right of the student to take action under Australia’s consumer protection laws.”